Working Without a Script
Working Without A Script asks viewers to break their current “No, but…” pattern and commit to the “Yes, and…” philosophy, the same philosophy that allows improvisers to create effectively on stage.
- Leader’s Guide
- Participant Workbook
- and PowerPoint® Presentation all on CD-ROM
- The “Yes, and…” Philosophy
- Making It Happen
- Affirm Each Other’s Ideas
- Build on the Idea
$225.00 – $290.00
The Second City is well known for their improv comedy, their TV shows, and their scores of famous alumni. But what do organizations and The Second City have in common? They both improvise every day!
Star Thrower Distribution, along with Second City Communications, is proud to introduce Working Without A Script, a training program that asks viewers to break their current “No, but…” pattern and commit to the “Yes, and…” philosophy, the same philosophy that allows improvisers to create effectively on stage.
“Yes, and…” creates a positive environment for communication and active listening. It encourages change and innovation. “Yes, and…” also fosters open mindedness and generates trust.
Second City Communications has facilitated successful business training for over 45 years. Just like an improv troupe, Working Without A Script will show your organization how to work together when the plan doesn’t go as planned.
The Learning Points:
- The “Yes, and…” Philosophy: Use “Yes, and…” not “No, but…” – When organizations choose to turn “No, but…” into “Yes, and…” the potential for success is astounding.
- Making It Happen: Actively Listen – Listen to understand, not just to respond. Part of the “Yes, and…” mentality is listening in order to understand, instead of listening simply to respond.
- Affirm Each Other’s Ideas – Validate ideas, even if you disagree. Show others that you understand them – the yes part of the “Yes, and…”
- Build on the Idea – Make a contribution that helps it grow. Offer to expand upon an idea-the “and” part of “Yes, and…” Help the idea and your organization grow into the future.