Gives your managers and supervisors the ability to conduct skilful appraisals for better organizational results.
- DVD or USB or Streaming
- Leader’s Guide
- Participant Materials
- The importance of interpersonal skills in appraisal interviewing
- The five key skills of successful appraisals
- Which factors to consider when deciding how to structure the interview
- How to judge what is the best approach in each situation
- How to evaluate and improve your appraisal skills
Most appraisal training programs concentrate on the mechanics of appraisals – who sits where, the location, the agenda and so on. But this video focuses exclusively on the most important aspect of all—the skills you need.
You’ll help participants learn about the effect they are having on the process, using the video scenes to contrast what is being said in an appraisal interview with the private thoughts of an appraisee. So it helps people think about what to say and how to say it.
There’s no one ‘right’ way to conduct an appraisal interview, and that’s why it’s so important to practice the necessary skills.
The video focuses on five key areas:
Praising, Criticizing, Questioning, Listening, and Summarizing