Is Good Enough?
This motivational 3-minute meeting opener explores what would happen if 99.9% were the acceptable standard of excellence.
- Leader’s Guide
- ‘Good Enough’ is at the heart of all mediocrity
- This program challenges viewers to re-think their standards of quality, safety and excellence.
Here’s an eye-opening opener for your next team meeting.
99.9% is sometimes considered as close to perfect as possible. But if that were the case, and if 99.9% is really “good enough” then…
- In the next 2 minutes…1,902 people will consume a meal that leads to a foodborne illness.
- In the next hour…1,000 ATMs will dispense the wrong amount of cash.
- In the next 24 hours…583,561 pieces of mail will be mishandled by the post office.
- In the next week…44,230 medical prescriptions will be written incorrectly.
The concept of “good enough” is at the heart of all mediocrity. It can be a creeping influence in the workplace as well. Software programs are released with known defects, food products are shipped with acceptable amounts of “foreign matter”, toys are manufactured with an eye on profit over safety.
Combining dynamic graphics, captivating music, and striking images, this motivational 3-minute meeting opener explores what would happen if 99.9% were the acceptable standard of excellence. At times entertaining, at times tragic, this thought provoking meeting opener challenges viewers to re-think their standards of quality, safety and excellence.