Legal Email And Text Messaging At Work
Business email and texting cannot be casual, and it is permanent. Teach all of your employees about the facts of email and how to use it properly.
- Educates employees on proper use of electronic correspondence
- Ensures people know the legalities of email and texting
- Protects the organization through improved employee awareness
Email. Everyone of us uses it everyday. It’s simple to use and it makes our lives more efficient. However, because email is so casual and commonplace we have a tendency to forget about the dangers of it, especially when it’s used in business.
Viewers will learn facts, boundaries and consequences that are important in electronic communication:
- How email is permanent – once it’s sent it’s out there
- Why email is NOT private – work email is organizational property
- The dangers of texting at work – it cannot be casual
- Harassment & Bullying – offensiveness cannot be taken back
- Confidential Information – protect against identity theft
- Insider Trading – financial information not available to the public
- Trade Secrets – organizational operations, products or services
- Viruses – a forwarded attachment could contain them
- Copyrighted Materials – is it legal to send someone else’s property?
- Defamation – discussing others and spreading rumors
- The consequences of sending inappropriate email – organizational policies and legal ramifications
Some of the above may not apply to every employee; however, it is best that everyone know about proper use of email and texting in the workplace — just in case computer forensics ever has to be called in.