Managing Stress: Five Strategies For How To Handle Stress
The program demonstrates how to tackle stressors with five simple, yet practical strategies that will work in a variety of real-life situations. (Part 2 in a 3-Part Series)
- Leader’s Guide
- PowerPoint Presentation
- Participant Worksheets
- Additional Bonus Material
- Identify the source of your stress.
- Eliminate or avoid stress whenever possible.
- Rethink the stress you can’t eliminate.
- Cope with the stress you can’t rethink.
- When all else fails, seek support.
Arguments, always running late, not sleeping well, credit card debt, difficult co-workers; these are just a few of the many sources of stress identified in this program. It demonstrates how to tackle stressors with five simple, yet practical strategies that will work in a variety of real-life situations.
- Muscle Tension
- Stomach aches
- Back Pain
- Worry irritability
- Allergy flare-ups
- Cold Hands
- Rapid Heart Rate
- Fight or flight
- Keeping a journal – look for underlying causes of stress
- Remember the five steps for managing stress
- Remember the five coping methods
- Be comfortable with where you are in the change process