The Respectful Communicator: The Part You Play
Today’s diverse workplaces require communication that goes beyond the “basics”. Teach people to confirm their understanding of what someone else has said, care about the way they come across, communicate with decency, and value the input of others.
- DVD or USB
- Leader’s Guide
- Reproducible Participant Worksheets
- Show how interpersonal communication can make or break productivity and morale
- Provide practical learning on the concepts of respect and inclusion
- Illustrate how to communicate clearly
Effective communication is at the heart of organizational performance. When miscommunications occur, results are bound to suffer. In today’s diverse workplace, a number of things can undermine successful communication, including a perceived lack of respect or inclusion. This program shows how taking a few extra steps can keep misunderstandings to a minimum.
With the increased diversity present in today’s workplace, the potential for miscommunication has never been greater. Well-intentioned people can cause others to feel disrespected. And when that happens, morale and productivity drop. Good people leave the organization and, in some cases, lawsuits are filed.
Disrespect is most often caused when we fail to recognize and appreciate the different backgrounds, experiences and opinions of others. Employees at all levels need to understand specific things they can do to build an environment where respect and inclusiveness thrive.
- Consider Your Audience
- Talk With Someone Instead of About Them
- Confirm that You Understand What Someone is Saying
- Know the Boundaries of What’s Appropriate to Talk About
- Communicate Respectfully During Disagreements