Actions Speak! Behaviour-Based Interviewing
Based on the time-tested truth that, “Past actions predict future performance”, this fresh new approach to legal and effective interviewing from Dr. Paul C. Green, takes learners through a practical step-by-step process of finding the right candidate for any position.
Available in French.
- DVD or USB
- Leader’s Guide
- Participant Guide
- How to formulate behavioural based interview questions
- How to respect and manage silence
- Learn to use non-verbal indicators
- How you can avoid the ‘like me’ syndrome
- Getting specifics on personal qualities
“In the science of behaviour-based interviewing, a lot has happened in the last thirty years. We made, ACTIONS Speak!, to bring those new insights to the employers who need them.” – Dr. Paul C. Green
The author of the Best Selling Interviewing Program of All Time is back with a great program. It combines storytelling with practical role-plays to deliver a fresh new approach to legal and effective behaviour-predicting interviewing for employers.
The setting for Actions Speak! is a broadcast television studio during rehearsals for a weekly business news program. The host of the program has invited a special guest to help her review a new business book on employee interviewing techniques. As they begin to critique real-world examples of interviews, the invited guest is less than helpful and decides to share his own strong opinions on behaviour-based interviewing and interviewing skills in general.
In this comprehensive interview skills training course, participants will learn:
- How to use job information to compose effective and defensible interview questions.
- How to gain behavioural predictors that can forecast job performance.
- How to use non-verbal indicators (feelings) to suggest follow-up probes.
- How and when to ask for reverse information.
- How to respect and manage silence.
- How to avoid the “like-me” syndrome.
- How to get specifics on personal qualities like character, honesty and integrity.