Let’s Talk . . . Respect – It Matters
Part of the Let’s Talk… Harassment, Bullying & Respect Series, this program focuses on respecting one another in the workplace, especially when it comes to diversity-related misinformation and misunderstandings, which can evolve into bullying and other forms of harassment. NEW!
- DVD or USB
- Leader’s Guide
- Reproducible Participant Materials
- PowerPoint Presentation
- Defines respect and how easily we can offend others
- Shows the need for professional conduct
- Helps to protect the organization on harassment & diversity issues
It can be difficult to define “respect”. Yet training on respect is an integral part of a diverse workplace where harassment and bullying can easily occur. An advantage of this program is the common-sense way it equates respect in the workplace with the concept of professionalism. Let’s Talk… is a training tool that provides employees with important instruction on how to understand and respect one another.
Through its examples of unprofessional and unproductive behavior as opposed to that which is appropriate and respectful, the program provides necessary instruction on commonly held standards of professionalism, organizational policy, and the law.
A host explains what respect is and how it can easily be overlooked in our daily interactions with co-workers. In a non-threatening way, the program both engages the viewer and demonstrates how unintentional comments and behaviour can be disrespectful to others.
What You’ll Learn:
- How to employ professionalism as an expression of respect.
- Examples of disrespectful behavior in the workplace like stereotyping, gossiping, bullying & harassment.
- Expressions of a respectful workplace like using a person’s name & asking for someone’s input.